We are hiring a Marketing Intern!
Learn a lot, earn class credits AND get paid!
Commitment: 10-15 hours per week
Darlington Marketing is a leading San Diego marketing firm providing strategic marketing and branding for restaurants and other lifestyle brands. We specialize in supporting emerging businesses. Core competencies include strategic planning, managing creative needs, media planning, local store marketing, social media, website development, email acquisition, and implementation of virtually all marketing needs.
This position will require a hands-on approach with the guidance of our veteran team members to help grow our clients’ business, and will have a chance to experience many facets of consumer marketing. The coordinator will have the opportunity to help make an impact on the marketing and communications plans for several accounts learning marketing strategy, social media and event planning. With the freedom to manage their own projects, the candidate will be expected to take initiative to keep them moving forward. Are you up for the challenge? We offer a fun, team environment and flexible schedule.
Activities May Include:
* Supporting execution of marketing activities
* Local marketing development for individual stores – including researching businesses and local media
*Conducting community outreach – visiting businesses, staffing events and contacting partners in local markets on behalf of clients
* Social media marketing management – assist with content development, including photography
* Support for event organization and set-up
* Trend & industry research (online and other methods)
* Small graphic design projects
*Writing blogs, emails, posts and other client content
* Strong communication skills
* Social media fluent (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Yelp, Pinterest)
* Excellent creative writing skills
* Experience in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc)
* Independent worker
* Solution-oriented, self-starter
* Creative thinker
* Strong photography skills
* Basic graphic design skills
* Marketing/Communications degree or equivalent experience
* Transportation & ability to work 10-15 hours per week including some evening events
* Love of food and eating out!
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter